By Stefanie Michaels
I’m hosting a friend’s birthday party in a couple of months. I wasn’t sure where to start planning, so I looked at what activities and food he enjoys to help drive the theme and what the event would look like regarding decorating.
These ideas are great because they’re fun and interactive for adults to socialize. They also cater to different interests, such as wine, cocktails, and games.
- Wine tasting party – This is a great idea for adults who enjoy trying different types of wine. It can be held at a vineyard or in a private home with a selection of wines from various regions. At home, you can add in a blind fold tasting element. Makes for extra fun and can be done solo or with teams.
- Casino night – Host a casino night with games such as poker, blackjack, and roulette. Makes for a possibility to win prizes for your guests.
- Murder mystery party – There are companies that feature activities for murder mystery parties. An incredible way for guests to get into character and solve a fictional crime.
- Cocktail or Mocktail party – Have a cocktail party where guests can try different types of cocktails, or use instagram to find specialty cocktail recipes. Create a menu based of the theme or person you are celebrating. This can be held at a bar or in a private home.
- Spa day – Nothing like a spa day with a birthday person and friends. Make it the gift of a memory and day of pampering at a spa. This can include massages, facials, and other treatments. Take photos and roll them into a photo book to add to this special gift.
- Sports game viewing party – Host a viewing party for a big sports game and invite friends over to watch the game.
- Art class party – One of my friends held a birthday at an art class. It was super fun checking out other guest’s creativity. What’s great about hosting an art class party, is that guests can learn to paint or draw, or work on other crafty projects. This is a great way for guests to make something unique to take home as a memory.
- Outdoor adventure – Plan a day trip or overnight camping excursion for the birthday person and friends. What do they like to do? Ideas such as hiking, kayaking, or rock climbing can direct the way the adventure unfolds. It’s a great way to bond with friends and enjoy nature.
TIP: The San Diego Zoo offers a overnight stays on their property. Wake up to roaring lions!