Will you be my Palentine?
Palentine’s Day is a celebration of friendship that typically takes place on February 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day on the 14th.
It’s a day to recognize and appreciate the importance of friends in our lives. Whether it’s catching up over a meal, enjoying a fun activity together, or simply spending time in each other’s company, celebrating Palentine’s Day is a fab way to show your friends how much you care about them.
It’s not clear when Palentine’s Day came to be, but it is believed to have started as a social media trend, where people would post about their close friends on February 13th. They would celebrate their friendships, similar to Galentine’s Day, where women celebrate each other on the same day.
So why not invite your closest pals and make some fun memories this Palentine’s Day?
Check out some of these Palentine’s Day party ideas:
- Movie night with friends allows for a fun and relaxed evening of shared entertainment. Put suggestions into a party bowl, then have someone reach into the bowl and pull out what movie will be watched.
- A Potluck dinner party provides a variety of food and a chance to try new dishes. Ask friends to bring their favorite dish they make. It also adds a great conversation piece about why it is their top foodie pick. Also, ask them to bring their recipe to share with friends. Combine all recipes into an online app and share with everyone who attends.
- Creating a game night offers an opportunity to have a friendly competition with friends. Ask friends ahead of time which game(s) they’d like to play and ask them to bring it along for fun.
- DIY craft party lets people be creative and make something unique together. Coloring books, gift cards, paints, and mini-canvases are a couple of ideas. Or, meet up at an art center or places like bead shops that offer lessons for a bonding experience.
- Spa day with friends promotes relaxation and self-care. Call ahead to see if there are specials. Depending on group size, there may be discounts offered.
- Outdoor adventure or hiking is a fun way to exercise and explore nature. As an option, ask friends to bring along items for a picnic.
- A karaoke party is a chance for friends to showcase their singing skills and have a good time.
- Cooking or baking class together is a chance to learn new skills and bond over a shared activity. Most classes offer an after-party with dishes created. The best part is Palentine’s get to eat what ever is made!