Spa-tacular Savings: Get Pampered Without Paying a Fortune!
According to stress.org, Americans are one of the most stressed out in the world. Post-pandemic levels left many of us scrambling to get back to life in whatever normalcy we hope to adapt and find. And, many headed to day spas to reset and recharge.
The current stress level experienced by Americans is 20 percentage points higher than the world’s average, with 55% of Americans being stressed during the day. We are also experiencing higher prices for everything around us in this global financial environment.
There’s some good news for those seeking relief with several places to find a slice of relaxation in the form of cost-effective massage places and day spas.
Here’s a list of affordable spas in the United States that offer a variety of services at reasonable prices.
Here are a few examples of affordable spas that are highly rated by customers:
- Massage Envy: Massage Envy offers a bevy of massage and spa services at affordable prices. Find locations nationwide.
- The Woodhouse Day Spa: Check out their many locations in the US. Woodhouse Day Spa offers a range of spa services, including massages, facials, and body treatments.
- Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa: This national spa chain offers massages, facials, and other spa services at reasonable prices.
- Oasis Day Spa: New York and New Jersey centric, their spas offer a range of budget-friendly spa services.
- The Red Door Salon & Spa: With locations across the country, the Red Door Salon & Spa offers a multitude of spa treatments for all budgets.
- Spa Habitat: Texas and Kansas locations offer, a range of spa services, including massages, facials, and body treatments.
- The Spa at Norwich Inn: Located in Connecticut, the Spa at Norwich Inn has a vast menu of spa services, including massages, facials, and body treatments. The facilities are beautiful.
- Escape Day Spa: Escape to locations in California and Nevada and offers a range of services, including massages, facials, and body treatments.
- The Massage Company: The Massage Company is strictly massage treatments at its locales in California and Nevada, focusing on 60-90 minute body-work options.
TIP: Always read reviews and ask friends for recommendations to find the best affordable spa for you. Grab your go-bag and head to your day of heavenly treatments!
Did you know?
Some day spas will offer unique treatments involving sound vibrations to help you relax and rejuvenate. This type of therapy is known as sound healing or sound therapy, and it consists of the use of different instruments, such as singing bowls, gongs, and tuning forks.
During a sound therapy session at day spas, you will typically lie down or sit comfortably while a therapist plays various instruments around your body. The sound waves from the instruments can help calm your mind, reduce stress and anxiety, and promote well-being.
Sound therapy has been used for centuries in various cultures and is becoming increasingly popular in the wellness industry. If you’re looking for unique and relaxing experience at a day spas, consider trying a good sound therapy session!
A little history:
The concept of day spas in the United States is rooted in ancient civilizations, such as the Greeks and Romans, who valued spa treatments’ health and wellness benefits. However, the modern-day spa as we know it today emerged in the United States in the late 1900s.
In the 1970s and 1980s, new entrepreneurs began opening day spas in major metropolitan areas, such as New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. These early-day spas were primarily focused on providing beauty and skincare treatments, such as facials, manicures, and pedicures.
As the demand for wellness and self-care grew in the 1990s, day spas offered a more comprehensive range of services, including massage therapy, aromatherapy, and yoga classes. Some day spas even began incorporating elements of traditional Eastern healing practices, such as acupuncture and Ayurveda.
The 2000s saw an explosion in the number of day spas across the country, with many opening in suburban areas and smaller towns. This expansion was fueled by a growing awareness of spa treatments’ health benefits and an increasing interest in natural and holistic wellness practices.