Discover the Best Activities in Myrtle Beach and Top Golf Courses to Play
by Stefanie Michaels
Myrtle Beach, located in South Carolina, is a popular vacation destination known for its sandy beaches, warm weather, and endless entertainment options–from exciting water sports and theme parks to delicious dining, shopping, and excellent golf courses, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Myrtle Beach.
Whether you’re looking for family-friendly activities or a more laid-back vacation experience, the area has various options to suit all tastes and interests.
Here is a list of things to do in Myrtle Beach and some reasons why they might be worth considering:
- Visit the beach: Of course, visiting the beach is a must-do activity in Myrtle Beach. The area is known for its beautiful, sandy beaches and clear, blue waters, making it the perfect spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Play a round of golf: Myrtle Beach is home to over 100 golf courses, making it a golfer’s paradise. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, you’ll find a course that suits your skills and budget.
- Go on a dolphin watch: Myrtle Beach is home to a variety of marine life, including dolphins. Going on a dolphin watch is a great way to see these intelligent and playful creatures up close and learn more about them.
- Visit Broadway at the Beach: Broadway at the Beach is a popular shopping, dining, and entertainment complex in Myrtle Beach. It’s home to a variety of stores, restaurants, and attractions, including a IMAX theater, an aquarium, and a zip line course.
- Take a tour of Brookgreen Gardens: Brookgreen Gardens is a beautiful botanical garden in Myrtle Beach that features a variety of plants, sculptures, and wildlife. It’s a great place to relax, take in the scenery, and learn about the local flora and fauna.
- Go fishing: Myrtle Beach is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, with a variety of fish species found in its waters. Whether you go out on a chartered fishing boat or cast your line from the shore, you’re sure to have a fun and rewarding fishing experience.
- Go to the beach at night: The beach is a great place to visit during the day, but it can also be a fun and unique experience to visit at night. Take a walk along the beach at sunset or watch the stars from the water’s edge for a memorable and romantic evening.
8 Great Myrtle Beach Golf Courses:
Myrtle Beach is known for its beautiful beaches and amazing golf courses, and there are many great options to choose from.
Here are eight of the best Myrtle Beach golf courses and why they stand out:
- Pine Lakes Country Club: This course has a long history and is known as the “Granddaddy” of Myrtle Beach golf courses. It was the first course built in the area and has hosted numerous PGA Tour events. The layout is challenging and well-maintained, with plenty of trees and water hazards to keep things interesting.
- The Dunes Golf & Beach Club: This course is consistently ranked as one of the top courses in the country. It has a classic design and is known for its fast, undulating greens. The setting is stunning, with the ocean visible from several holes.
- Tidewater Golf Club: This course has a unique layout that takes players through tidal creeks, marshes, and forests. It’s a scenic and challenging course that is always in great condition.
- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club: This course is located on a historic plantation and has a beautiful, natural setting. The layout is diverse, with a mix of tight, tree-lined fairways and open, links-style holes.
- True Blue Golf Club: This course is known for its fast greens and challenging bunkers. The layout is set amongst towering pines and features several holes along the marsh.
- The Founders Club: This course is a shorter, more player-friendly option that is great for all skill levels. It has a traditional layout and is always in excellent condition.
- The Heritage Club: This course is located on the north end of Myrtle Beach and has a mix of wooded and open holes. It’s a challenging course that is well-maintained and always in great condition.
- The River Club: This course is located in the heart of Myrtle Beach and has a picturesque layout that winds through wetlands and forests. It’s a challenging course that is well-maintained and always in great condition.
These eight golf courses are some of the best in Myrtle Beach and offer a great variety of challenges and scenery for golfers of all skill levels.