Get Hot and Fight the Chill with These 12 Delicious and Warming Winter Drinks
As the winter chill sets in and the temperatures drop, there’s nothing quite like a warm and comforting hot drink to keep you cozy and satisfied. Whether you prefer a classic cup of coffee or something with a little extra flavor, a hot drink is perfect for you.
From rich and creamy lattes to spicy and sweet chai teas, here are just a few of the many hot beverages that are perfect for cold weather.
- Peppermint Mocha: This winter classic combines chocolate and peppermint flavors, creating a sweet and minty treat that’s perfect for the holiday season.
- Hot Cocoa: A warm and comforting drink made with rich, melted chocolate, hot cocoa is perfect for warming up on cold winter days.
- Gingerbread Latte: This holiday favorite is made with espresso, steamed milk, and spicy gingerbread flavors, making it a sweet and warming treat for cold weather.
- Caramel Brulee Latte: A rich and creamy beverage made with caramel and vanilla flavors, this latte is perfect for those who love a sweet and indulgent treat.
- Hazelnut Latte: This nutty and sweet latte is made with hazelnut syrup, espresso, and steamed milk, making it a comforting and satisfying drink for cold weather.
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte: This sweet and spicy latte is made with cinnamon and caramel flavors, making it a perfect pick-me-up for cold winter days.
- Eggnog Latte: A festive and creamy drink made with eggnog, espresso, and steamed milk, this latte is a popular holiday treat that’s perfect for the colder months.
- Vanilla Chai Latte: This warm and comforting drink combines spicy chai tea with creamy vanilla flavors, making it a perfect way to warm up on chilly days.
- Irish Cream Latte: A creamy and indulgent drink made with Irish cream liqueur and espresso, this latte is perfect for those who love a little bit of boozy warmth on a cold day.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: A fall favorite, this latte is made with espresso, steamed milk, and pumpkin spice flavors, making it a sweet and warming treat for cooler weather.
- Toasted Marshmallow Latte: This sweet and creamy drink is made with toasted marshmallow syrup, espresso, and steamed milk, making it a perfect way to warm up on chilly days.
- Spiced Apple Cider Latte: This warm and comforting drink is made with spiced apple cider and espresso, making it a perfect way to enjoy the flavors of autumn on a cold day.
Did you know?
Latte is an Italian word that means “milk.” This name is fitting as lattes are made with a ton of steamed milk.
There is actually something, called Latte-art– a way to decorate the surface of lattes. This art form uses the contrast between dark coffee and light milk to create patterns such as hearts, flowers, and leaves. There are even Coffee Fest convention’s around the world, where Latte-artists compete.
Note: Lattes are different from cappuccinos. While both espresso-based drinks, lattes contain more milk and less foam than cappuccinos.
A little history:
These coffee drinks that have become increasingly popular in recent years. The origin of lattes can be traced back to Italy, where they were traditionally known as “caffè latte,” meaning “coffee with milk.”
In Italy, lattes were typically made with a shot of espresso and steamed milk and were usually consumed as a morning pick-me-up.
Thanks to Starbucks, in the 1980s and 1990s, lattes began to gain popularity in the United States, and coffee shops started to offer flavored lattes and other specialty coffee drinks. As the trend grew, lattes became more elaborate, with the addition of syrups, spices, and other flavorings.
Today, lattes are a staple of our coffee culture and can be found in coffee shops and cafes worldwide.