Shake Up Your Sipping Game with a Luxurious Pear Gin Creation and a Spin on the Frisco 49
Elevate your cocktail game with elegance and exquisite flavor by indulging in the tempting What a Pear Cocktail. A fresh take and spin on the Frisco 49 by mixologist Brandon Chandlor, this enchanting concoction harmoniously marries the rich essence of pear-infused gin, the tangy allure of lemon juice, and the sumptuous depth of roasted pear honey syrup.
Crowned with the effervescent embrace of sparkling wine and adorned with fresh pear slices, this libation is more than a drink – it’s an experience that dances on your palate with every sip.
Embark on a journey of Pear flavor and celebrate the art of cocktail craftsmanship with the What a Pear Cocktail.
What a Pear Cocktail Recipe:
- 2 oz pear-infused gin
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz roasted pear honey syrup
- 2 oz sparkling wine or Procesco (optional: Le Poiré French wine, or a “pear champagne“)
- Sliced pair (for garnish)
For the Roasted Pear Honey Syrup:
- 2 ripe pears, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Prepare the Roasted Pear Honey Syrup:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced pears with the honey and ground cinnamon until they are well coated.
- Spread the pear slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the pears in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are softened and slightly caramelized.
- Remove the pears from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Transfer the roasted pears to a blender or food processor and blend until you get a smooth puree.
- Strain the puree through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl to remove any solids and obtain a smooth syrup.
- Let the syrup cool completely before using. You can store any extra syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2. Mix the What a Pear Cocktail:
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pear-infused gin, lemon juice, and roasted peach honey syrup.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds to chill the mixture.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Top off the cocktail with sparkling wine, pouring it gently to maintain the effervescence.
- Give the cocktail a gentle stir to combine the ingredients.
- Garnish the cocktail with a maraschino cherry by dropping it into the drink.
3. Serve and Enjoy:
- Your cocktail is now ready to be enjoyed!
- Sip and savor the delightful mix of flavors, from the pear-infused gin to the roasted pear honey syrup and the bubbly sparkling wine.
Thinking of making your own gin-infused wine? Here’s how to make it.
Note: You can adjust the cocktail’s sweetness by varying the amount of the roasted pear honey syrup. Feel free to experiment with the proportions to suit your taste preferences.
Did you know?
A spin on the Frisco 49 Cocktail recipe, the What a Pear cocktail gives a new and fresh take for a pear-centric cocktail recipe version. The “Frisco” uses peaches for an element. We tweaked the recipe to create a whole new flavor profile using only pears for our ingredients.
A little history:
Pears, one of the oldest cultivated fruits, have a history rooted in ancient civilizations like the Greeks and Romans, who valued their taste and medicinal properties. Originating in Western Asia and Eastern Europe, pears spread worldwide through trade and colonization, evolving into diverse varieties like Bartlett, Bosc, and Anjou.
They played a role in developing transportation networks, becoming a globally traded commodity. Pears are celebrated for their culinary versatility, used fresh, baked, and preserved, while also holding symbolic significance in various cultures.
Today, China leads in pear production, and their enduring appeal reflects their journey from wild fruit to cultivated delicacy over thousands of years.