By Stefanie Michaels
Imagine swimming while getting a bird’s eye view of the cityscape and its surroundings below? Talk about insane! Sky high pools are usually in fancy hotels making living one’s best life extra. I’m all about the aesthetics and by adding a unique swimming high in the sky, it’s an adventure in itself.
Here are 8 hotels with some of the highest swimming pools in the world.
- Hotel Sahrai Fes – Named for the meaning ‘magic’ and in a sublime hillside setting, this Moroccan infinity pool created with a custom style, called Zellige— using carved plaster plus local stone cladding, stuns guests with amazing views of the countryside and Medina below.
- Marina Bay Sands, Singapore: This hotel has a rooftop pool that is located on the 57th floor and offers panoramic views of the city skyline. The pool sits within an almost 3 acre tropical oasis is longer than the Eiffel Tower and is tall and large enough to park four-and-a-half A380 jumbo jets. It’s the world’s largest outdoor pool at that height.
- Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel Martinez, France: This hotel located in Cannes, France, on the French Riviera. has an outdoor pool area, called L’Oasis du Martinez. Located on the 7th floor, it offers views of the Mediterranean Sea and the city of Cannes. Oo-la-la!
- The Joule, Dallas: This hotel’s pool, located on the 10th floor lends to panoramic views of the city. Their 8-foot cantilevered pool makes the sensation of swimming out beyond the hotel’s edge unnerving for some and from the street below looking upwards gives “hanging out by the pool” a whole new meaning.
- The Cambrian Hotel, Switzerland – Whether summer, spring, winter or fall, this year round heated rooftop pool is located in the Swiss Alps and boasts views of the surrounding mountains. Spy skiers, wild animals and sunsets, this is also a romantic spot to pop the question.
- Park Hyatt Shanghai – This sky-high pool, located on the 79th floor of the Shanghai World Financial Centre. Its the city’s highest pool and offers breathtaking views of the Huangpu River and the Shanghai skyline.
- Ohla Barcelona – Soak up this city’s hidden treasures from their rooftop terrace and pool with glass walls, which looks out at the Barcelona Cathedral and 180º panoramic view of the lower part of the town.
- Hotel Mousai Mexico – Perched above Puerto Vallarta on this hotel’s 18th floor, is a hip rooftop beach club over 350 feet above sea level. The arched pool boats knockout ocean views mixed with an ultra-chic vibe.