Chef Diana Stobo is an award-winning author of the healthy lifestyle book Get Naked Fast! Stripping Away the Foods That Weigh You Down. Her book is practical guide that Diana used to heal herself from illness. She also lost 1oo+ pounds, and now helps other’s learn to introduce healthy recipes into their own lives. She’s appeared sharing her tips on CBS, NBC and ABC networks across the country!
Here’s her Thai Lettuce Wraps recipe is from her Costa Rican resort, The Retreat. Delicious!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Walnuts
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro,minced
- 1/2 cup Scallions, minced (greens only)
- 1/2 cup raw wild honey
- 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tablespoons hulled sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Let’s Make it!
- Gently pull apart lettuce leaves, wash and let dry on paper towel
- Prepare the sauce in a food processor fitted with an s-blade by adding all ingredients and pulsing 3-4 times.
- Add walnuts to the processor and pulse 4-5 times until meat of walnut is the consistency of ground meat.
- Add vegetables to processor and pulse 3-4 more times until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place 2-3 lettuce leaves on plate, scoop 2-3 tablespoons of walnut meat mixture in to leaf.
- Garnish with Mung Beans, and grated carrot
For more about Chef Diana Stobo