No Pasta Lasagna – None of the Gluten all of the Taste!
This week’s recipe was sent in by @Harleywonderpug from Twitter. Her cousin whipped this delish dish up for her and she was hooked! We love this healthy alternative to wheat based pasta. Many of us at Adventure Girl, don’t eat meat. So, don’t be afraid of this dish. Just take out the meat sauce and exchange it with a vegetarian tomato sauce option.
- 2 cups of your favorite meat sauce, divided into 3
- 1 cup of ricotta, divided into 3
- 1 black beauty eggplant, trimmed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 /3 cup Parmesan Salt and pepper Sour cream, optional
Note: if you don’t like eggplant, you can sub for 2 more zucchini or summer squash.
Let’s Cook it!
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a square baking dish, start layering the vegetables, alternating zucchini and eggplant.
- Season the veggie layer with salt and pepper.
- Add a layer of meat sauce.
- Add a thin layer of ricotta.
- Repeat steps 2-5, until you get to the top of the baking dish. Should make about 3 layers.
- Add one last layer of veggies.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove foil. Bake for another 15 minutes, to dry out the excess moisture from the veggies. Top lasagna dish with both cheeses. Set oven to broil, until the cheese is melted entirely and lightly bubbling, about 2-3 minutes, depending on the oven. Remove dish from oven.
Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, before serving.