FRANCE: Wine Harvest Package in Provence
PROVENCE’S HOTEL CRILLON LE BRAVE OFFERS EXPERIENTIAL WINE HARVEST PACKAGE
Provence, France – (July 9, 2010) – Set in the heart of Provence amid lush vineyards and olive groves, the refined-rustic Hotel Crillon le Brave is offering oenophile’s the rare opportunity to participate in the annual Vendange (grape harvest) with an all-inclusive** three-day weekend package.
A relaxed haven of simple sophistication, the five-star property consists of seven beautifully restored stone houses, dating from the 16th and 17th centuries, that are linked by bridges, cobblestone walkways and hidden courtyards. The authentic Provençal accommodations include 23 rooms, seven suites and a two-bedroom house, each decorated with a mix of contemporary furnishings and shabby-chic accents. In addition to the hands-on Vendange experience, guests can explore the hotel’s terraced gardens and take a dip in the swimming pool, tour the historic village on complimentary bikes, or play on the nearby tennis and boules courts. The open-air spa at Hotel Crillon le Brave offers a selection of therapeutic body treatments using Cowshed spa amenities.
The southern region is famous for its food, and Hotel Crillon le Brave’s restaurant does not disappoint. Set in a rustic cellar with an open fireplace and terrace, the restaurant serves up flavorful regional cuisine such as gigot d’agneau (leg of lamb) and ragoût de gambas (shrimp stew) by Chef Philippe Monti. Local Rhône wines like Gigondas, Vacqueryras and Châteauneuf-du-Pape enhance the experience.
When: The Vendanges package is offered at Hotel Crillon le Brave two weekends this fall:
- September 16 – 19
- September 30 – October 3
- Three nights of accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- Two half-days of involvement in the grape harvest of the acclaimed Château Pesquié vineyard (where evidence of wine cultivation dates back to the 14th century!)
- Picking and transporting grapes to the caveau (wine vault)
- Learning about the different kinds of grapes, ideal time for harvest, the wine-making process and taste analysis from winemaker and estate owner, Paul Chaudiere
- Wine tastings and an outdoor picnic in the gardens of the Château
Price: €1300 for a standard room or €1550 for a deluxe room based on double occupancy.
* Space is limited to 16 participants per group.
**Wine and other beverages are not included with dinner.
To make a reservation, call +33 (0)4 90 65 61 61 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.