Sugar Cookies from our favorite Cookie Monster
Let’s talk sugar cookies! With holidays quickly approaching, some holiday cookie favorites can be the simplest to make. Take the Cookie Monster’s Famous Sugar Cookie Dough recipe, that makes for a lot of satisfied cookie monsters in your own home!
Nom Nom Nom Nom!
- Unsalted butter or margarine (soft, not melted)
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
Let’s cook it!
- 3/4 cup of butter or margarine into mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of sugar. Pour sugar over butter.
- Combine butter and sugar together until blended.
- Add in 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla to the mixture in the bowl.
- Add in 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt.
- Combine all ingredients into bowl.
- Cover bowl.
- Chill cookie dough for one hour in fridge.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle counter with flour and put dough on it. Roll out dough flat, about 1/4-inch thick. Use a drinking cup to make round cookies, cookie cutters, or divide into same size portions. Use non-stick cookie sheet. Place cookie dough 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 minutes, or when tops are lightly browned.
- Add crystalized sugar or sprinkles for decoration.