By Stefanie Michaels
Salsa dancing is super fun, exciting, and a great way to stay active— it’s a full-body workout! Whether a class or a salsa night at a club, beginners can follow behind expert teachers and sometimes even be taught by backup dancers from the entertainment business.
On top of the physicality, there’s also a social aspect to salsa dancing that isn’t there for other types of dance. Salsa dancers swear by positive outcomes, such as reducing stress, anxiety, and depression.
It also can be a great way to explore one’s own culture or learn about new cultures, as it is a dance that originated in Latin America and has been embraced all over the world.
There are many places in Los Angeles where you can salsa dance, some popular options include:
- Salsa Con Fuego: This studio offers salsa lessons and dancing for all skill levels. They also host salsa dance parties and events.
- Conga Room: Sometimes called, “the Room”, the venue is known for its live salsa music and dancing. Check their schedule as they offer salsa lessons for beginners.
- The Mayan: Another popular venue for salsa dancing in Los Angeles. They host salsa nights and events featuring live music and DJs.
- The Studio: The dance studio offers varied class options, and boast salsa classes and workshops for all skill levels.
- The Sugar Shack: This is a salsa club that offers lessons and dancing on weeknights. They also host salsa dance parties on the weekends.
- The Salsa Room: This is a dance venue that specializes in salsa and other Latin dances. They host salsa dance parties and events on the weekends at their Salsa Club.
- The Salsa Lab: This is a salsa dance school that offers classes and workshops for all skill levels. Their instructors are experienced and passionate about salsa dancing, and they strive to create a fun and welcoming environment for everyone.