Lavanya’s Spinach Fettuccine with Lemon Shiitake Mushrooms
This light Fettuccine dish is so easy to make, you can do it in less than 15 minutes! The shiitake mushrooms are a perfect substitute for meat, and the spinach gives you the needed nutrients. Anything with lemon is just plain flavorful.
- 16 ounces Ravello Fresh Spinach Fettuccine from FreshDirect
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 ounces of shiitake mushroom slices
- 1 big bag of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 containers of Olives to Go pitted black olives
- Salt, ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Let’s Cook it!
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to boil and cook the pasta for five minutes. Since it comes pre-cooked from FreshDirect, you don’t have to boil it longer. Other fettuccine could also be used.
- In a small skillet, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and heat it over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly sautéed (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until the spinach starts wilting, about one minute.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add salt and ground black pepper.
- When the pasta is drained, add the lemon juice, olive oil mixture and toss to combine.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach mixture, toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes when serving for added flavor.