By Stefanie Michaels
I’m constantly on the road in different types of weather, on planes that dry my skin, not to mention what it does to my lips! I’m constantly on the hunt for lip balms that protect in harsh conditions and also at the same time can give them moisture without that gross waxiness some types can do.
With that, here are eight options I’ve tried and or have been recommended to me by friends who use them religiously.
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: Although this lip balm contains beeswax, it doesn’t feel like old-school lip protectors that have to melt to feel soft when applied. It seals in moisture and feels protective against the elements.
- Bronner’s Magic Lip Balm: Made with organic beeswax, hemp, avocado and coconut oil, this lip balm is the ultimate in moisturizing and nourishing.
- Badger Balm Lip Tint: This lip protector boasts organic extra virgin olive oil and beeswax to hydrate and soothe dry lips without feeling too oily or waxy.
- Weleda Skin Food Lip Butter: I’m not sure how topical antioxidants work on this type of skin, but my friend swears by it. It has natural oils and contains organic beeswax to protect lips.
- Hurraw! Lip Balm: This balm is similar to others but I like the fact that it’s organic and uses fair trade ingredients. It’s also vegan and gluten-free, and of course formulated to hydrate and nourish lips.
- Eco Lips Mongo Kiss: Another option with organic, fair trade, and non-GMO ingredients, formulated to hydrate and nourish lips with a delish twist blending mango, coconut, and vanilla oils.
- Kari Gran Lip Whip: Vegan and organic and made with ingredients like shea butter, avocado oil, and beeswax, it’s deeply moisturizing and protects lips
- Blissful Miss Lip Balm: This balm is made with 100% pure and natural ingredients. Coconut oil, beeswax, and sunflower oil, really work together in the best possible way.
TIP: I just purchased Earth’s Daughter Organic Lip Balm to try yet another nourishing lip balm. I’m so far liking it and their natural flavours of citrus, vanilla and coconut— comes in a 6 pack and is USDA certified organic.