St. Francis Inn Turtle Dove Cheesecake
It’s the holidays all year round at the historic St. Francis Inn (circa 1791). If desserts are your thing, then this boutique place is where guests can ogle each night (365 days a year) over complimentary handmade delectables that head out of Janice Leary’s kitchen.
Known for their Christmas gastronomic tidings, for 2014, themed desserts will reflect one of the ’12 Days of Christmas’. Each dessert pays homage to the English Christmas Carol tune, which represents a gift per day for 12 days leading to Christmas.
On a side note: The song, which these desserts are named after, was first published in England in 1780. It was originally without a music score and sung as more of a chant or rhyme. Representative of that era – the St. Francis Inn was built in 1791.
- 24 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
- 6 Tbsp. Butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Pkg. (14 oz.) Caramels
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 3 Pkg. (8 oz. each)Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2oz. Dove Chocolate
Let’s Cook it!
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- MIX crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch spring form pan.
- MICROWAVE caramels and milk in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute. Stir in nuts; pour half into crust. Refrigerate 10 min. Refrigerate remaining caramel mixture for later use.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over caramel layer in crust.
- BAKE 1 hour 5 min. to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- MICROWAVE reserved caramel mixture 1 min.; stir. Pour over cheesecake. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheesecake.
Click here for St. Francis Inn Swan Cream Puff recipe
Click here for St. Francis Inn Pear Crusted Pie