By: Kirsten Akens
From gorgeous yoga mats to über chic sunnies, we wouldn’t blame you if you wanted this entire line-up of potential Mother’s Day gifts for yourself. So perhaps purchasing two of each might just be the answer?
- Provocateur Leggings, by Yoga Design Lab Cut-outs are all the rage in leggings these days, and these laser-cut designs are comfortable against the skin — as is the “Active-Lux” moisture-wicking fabric. The bonus? Part of every purchase supports urban youth yoga programs. Retail price: $68
- 3Matic sunglasses, by Adidas Whoever wears these sunnies is sure to get compliments. The Spring colors are distinctive, but that’s not the only feature here. The advanced lens technology goes a long way in protection — we tested these while driving and hiking and had happy, non-squinty eyes in both situations. Retail price: From $99
- Pillbox, by Port & Polish Say goodbye to dull drugstore pill containers. Port & Polish’s seven-day, easy-to-clean boxes are fashionable and available in fun colors (we love the charcoal gray with pink touches). And the inset glass mirror turns this box into a double-duty item. Mom will appreciate you thinking of her health. Retail price: $15
- Geo Commuter Yoga Mat, by Yoga Design Lab For the yogi-on-the-go, this foldable yoga mat is super soft against the body and made from recycled plastic bottles. And it’s one of the most stunning mat designs we’ve ever seen. The bonus feature? It’s machine washable. Retail price: $54
- Eat This Poem cookbook, by Nicole Gulotta A cookbook to sit down with, read and relish from cover to cover, Eat This Poem combines and celebrates the author’s love of food and poetry. Among the pages are more than 75 new recipes and verse by 25 American poets (including Mary Oliver, Billy Collins, and Wendell Berry). Retail price: $18.95
- Petcube Play camera, by Petcube For the mom who can’t stop thinking about her pets, the Petcube Play indoor home camera offers a way to see what the furbabies are up to, talk to them, and play with them via a built-in laser light toy — all from a smartphone, no matter where mom’s travels take her. Retail price: $199
- Millie tote, by Sole Society We can’t get over how perfect this oversized bag is both for everyday needs and travel. With three interior compartments — one zipper and two snaps (and three small pockets in the middle section) — it offers lots of choice in how to organize. And even better, most laptops will fit. Retail price: $64.95
- 2017 Parks Canada Discovery Pass Hey, we’re big into travel, so of course we’re recommending a trip as a gift! Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary this year and in honor of its big birthday, Parks Canada is offering free admission to any of its 224 national parks, historic sites and marine conservation areas. Grab a free pass online, and then get planning. Retail price: Free! (The trip cost is up to you…though it’s worth nothing the exchange rate from the U.S. to Canada is very much in Americans’ favor.)
About the Author:
Kirsten Akens is a freelance writer, traveler, and restorative yoga evangelist. She’s a lover of books, Boston terriers, blogging, (cowboy) boots, Browncoats & baked goods. And she has an unnatural affection for alliteration. Follow Kirsten @kirstenakens on Twitter.