What To Pack: Tips and Tricks!
Basically I travel a lot. It’s part of my job. The most I’ve ever traveled in any one given month was (3) three weeks. You try packing enough clothes to travel for a three week getaway. This article is for those of you that are traveling for either a weekend getaway or a full week vacay. Here are some tips and tricks when packing for your trip:
- First of all – try rolling your clothes, not laying them flat. You will get 30% more space in your suite-case. Also, stuff shoes and boots with socks, clothes, underwear, etc. Utilize all of that empty space.
- Pack light – bring one pair of jeans, one pair of nice slacks, casual wear, a nice dress and a pair of heals. Half the amount of socks and underwear.
- You most likely are not going to the outback or somewhere obscure like the rain-forest. So, leave all of your products like shampoo and conditioners behind. You can live without them. Instead, buy stuff on the road as needed. Most products in Europe and overseas are much better than in the U.S. And remember, most importantly, you will avoid getting pulled over by the TSA while trying to get through security.
- Leave space in your suitcase… Shopping can be surprising and you might want to bring stuff home, plus you will be packing light so there may be a need to purchase items on the go.
- WARNING: Don’t purchase items that you think you will wear, use, etc. when you get back. The reality is most of that stuff looks good when you are there, but it won’t when you get it back home.
- NO blow-dryers. Most hotels will have one in the room, or you can purchase one there.
- I also ALWAYS try and carry on. I hardly ever check a bag. Whether I’m traveling 4 days, 2 weeks, 6 weeks, I always try and carry on. I figure if I can’t get it all in a carry-on bag, I am bringing way too much stuff. And…I can always purchase stuff where I am going and there is something magical called “Shipping Home!” So, I a-lot a budget for this as well.
- Bring a BIGGGGG purse. Something that looks like it’s a purse but can second as a “duffle” that airlines won’t question. I put my smaller purse in this, and can add some clothes, socks, two pairs of underwear, a toothbrush (you know, the “must-haves” for bedtime). This is for “just in case” you’ve checked your bag and they lose it! You will have backup to last you a day at least.
I soooo HOPE this helps! HAVE A BLAST and let me know when you get back and please drop your tips, finds and must do’s!