Volcano Vacation??? You Betcha!
21st April 2010
Volcano Vacation in Victoria – Airport Ash Stopover Special
A Melbourne hotel offers a helping hand and value added deals for stranded airline passengers
While some tourism operators are taking advantage of stranded Europe bound airline passengers, one of Melbourne’s most popular boutique hotels (as rated on tripadvisor.com) is extending a friendly welcome and value added deals to anyone with proof of a previously booked & unused airline ticket for 15th April or later to a European or United Kingdom airport that has been closed due to the Eyjafjallajokull volcano eruption. Specials from $175 including free airport transfer, English breakfast, internet, chocolates & daily massage.
Enjoy Melbourne’s many attractions in the heart of the city yet be at the international terminal in just 30 minutes via a 2 minute walk to the nearby 24 hour airport shuttle service. The convenience of an airport hotel and the advantages of being in the middle of Australia’s arts, food and culture centre.
from $175 for 2 people including:
- Award winning & carbon neutral 4 star accommodation
- Airport transfer when your flight is ready – a one way to Melbourne airport via SkyBus 24 hour airport express shuttle, 90 meters from the hotel front door. Limit 1 transfer per person per booking.
- Free internet wireless / wifi or use of computer desk to check flights and keep family, friends and work colleagues up to date.
- English Breakfast – Choose from Eggs Benedict, Florentine, pancakes or French Toast plus your selection from the continental buffet
- Airline / flight updates – regular updates and news
- Chocolate box in your room on arrival
- Unlimited free espresso coffee – in the lounge
- Daily massage – Complimentary use of our state of the art therapeutic grade massage chairs in the relaxation room
- Gym membership – Free access to nearby gym to keep you in tip top condition
Please quote “Volcano Vacation” when making bookings and on arrival show your unused airline ticket to Europe /UK. Bookings can be made direct with Alto Hotel on Bourke by any of the following methods:
Phone: (613) 8608 5500
Toll free: 1800 135 123 (within Australia only)
Facsimile: (613) 9606 0766
Conditions: On arrival guest must produce proof of an unused ticket / booking in their name to an airport that is currently or had been closed between 15 – 30 April 2010. Offer valid from 26 April 2010 based on a hotel room. Other room types at different rates. Subject to availability. Limited number of rooms at this rate.
“While many people want to simply get home after enjoying some of Australia’s warmth , adventures and attractions we wanted to offer visitors to Australia an option to make the most of their unexpected extended holiday or business trip” said Gary Stickland, General Manager of Alto Hotel.
Instead of simply waiting, watching TV in an airport hotel until your flight is rescheduled why not take advantage of Melbourne’s well known tourism locations and hidden secrets, however still be at the international or domestic terminal within 30 minutes. The best of both worlds. Travellers can make the most of their extended time in Melbourne with its many attractions & diversions (several are free of charge) and have the convenience of an airport hotel.
Alto Hotel on Bourke is a 4 star eco friendly and carbon neutral accredited apartment hotel. Located in central Melbourne close to major attractions, transport options and many of Melbourne’s lanes, arcades and hidden secrets.
Offering a range of accommodation options including Hotel style rooms, Studio’s with kitchenette through to fully equipped 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments.
The A Lounge restaurant and bar serves as a relaxing meeting place, which incorporates some unexpected touches – an open fire place, library with popular book exchange, newspapers and magazines, wireless internet and an internet desk. A complimentary espresso coffee round up the perfect place for today’s sophisticated traveller
The boutique hotel, which combines environmental construction technology and best practice initiatives with style, charm and a high level of comfort, has proven to be popular with business and leisure travellers many of whom have become fiercely loyal. Initiatives include minimising use of resources to industry leading levels, then offsetting the remaining, small, carbon footprint. Other initiatives include free parking for guests arriving in hybrid or electric vehicles us of 100% wind generated electricity and being the first hotel to use Saflocks cornstarch based key cards.
The building, which brings together classic architecture of late 19th century and a contemporary interior plus a range of inspired services, is rich in environmental features including, double insulation, staggered stud construction on all lightweight walls and ceilings, double glazed, tinted & laminated windows, green electricity and in-room recycling.
Notes to editors follow
Notes to editors
Overview – Alto Hotel on Bourke is a 4 star boutique apartment hotel. Featuring a contemporary stylish interior within a redeveloped 1917, Neo Baroque, heritage listed building formerly known as Unity Hall and occupied by the Australian Railways Union. Opened in 2006 with 50 rooms including hotel rooms, studios, 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments. Facilities include restaurant, bar, parking, wireless broadband, massage room & complementary espresso coffee in the A Lounge. The redevelopment was designed incorporating a number of innovative concepts with the intention of being an environmentally sustainable and respected business. Alto Hotel has received multiple awards for excellence in service and sustainability and maintains accreditation and membership of relevant tourism industry and environmental organisations. Room rates for a studio usually start from $170.00.
Awards – Alto Hotel on Bourke is a multi award winning hotel including Winner 2009 & Finalist 2008 for Sustainable Tourism Finalist 2009 & Merit 2008 for Deluxe Accommodation at the Victorian Tourism Awards as well as winner of Best Serviced Accommodation 2009, 2008 & 2007 plus Sustainable Tourism 2009 & 2008 at the HMAA Awards for Excellence. For complete list of awards see below.
Images – High resolution images available on request. Low resolution images available via e-mail on request.
- Winner – 2009 Victorian Tourism Awards, Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
- Finalist – 2009 Victorian Tourism Awards, Deluxe Accommodation
- Winner – 2009 HMAA Awards for Excellence, Best Serviced Accommodation
- Winner – 2009 HMAA Awards for Excellence, Sustainable Tourism
- Finalist – 2009 Premier’s Sustainability Award
- Merit – 2008 Victorian Tourism Awards, Deluxe Accommodation
- Finalist – 2008 Victorian Tourism Awards, Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
- Winner – 2008 HMAA Awards for Excellence, Best Serviced Accommodation
- Winner – 2008 HMAA Awards for Excellence, Sustainable Tourism
- Finalist – 2008 Premier’s Sustainability Award
- Winner – 2007 HMAA Awards for Excellence, Best Serviced Accommodation
- Commendation – 2007 HMAA Awards for Excellence, Sustainable Tourism
- Winner – 2006 BUSINESS 3000, Award for Community Responsibility, Environment
- 4 star rating & Environmentally Friendly rating (AAA Tourism)
- Carbon Neutral – Carbon Reduction Institute
- EarthCheck / Green Globe – Silver certified
- Grow me the money (Victorian state-wide sustainability program) – Platinum member
- Waste wise hotel – Sustainability Victoria
- Accredited Tourism Business – Australian Tourism Accreditation Program